Sunday, March 20, 2011

Utah Vaca

Oh man, this was a MUCH needed trip!!!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness for spring breaks. :) We needed to just get away for a little bit, but surprisingly after a week of being gone, we really wanted to sleep in our own bed. Boston was a little more difficult this time around because he is older now and MUCH more independent. Twelve hours in a car?? Ya right. We drove seven hours to Idaho Falls and stayed in a hotel {while visiting my cousins and cute new baby, Juliette}. We went swimming/sat in the hot tub and loved that. Boston was so funny swimming...LOVED splashing, being thrown in the air by dad, thinking he can jump in all by himself, and trying to get away from us and let him swim on his own. 


Getting caught in the toilet paper he unraveled 

FINALLY made it!! Two days of traveling + crabby baby = not fun

My wedding dress is still in Utah and I always wanted to try it on but I was either pregnant, or had weight to loose, so I decided to do it! One.happy.girl 



Newest favorite thing...riding dad like a horse.
We LOVED vising our friends Josh and Rose and their babes...they really are just too cute. Here is Boston and Neal {1 month apart}.

He seriously is SO cute.


Boston is seriously obsessed with brooms..NOT kidding. We went to a pet store awhile back and could of cared less about the dogs and went straight for the broom. Here we were playing in water and guess what??? Saw the janitor with the broom so he stole it and took off...

We also went skiing in Deer Valley--it was beautiful. I loved it. Jeff and his dad are pro's. I had gone before but not in years, so I was a beginner. We had a blast until Jeff decided to take me down a double black diamond and I kept falling, so I was over it then...



That night we went swimming at the coolest pool for kids...Boston seriously was in heaven. Before we left for the trip I bought Boston a new swimming suit and he looks like a little kid now.




This picture is really funny...Grandpa Gertsch loved playing with Boston and vice versa. 




How much did I love visiting this cute family? We wanted to make sure we visited them because Jeff and Kurt studied together all the time!! It was sure great to meet Madden and see how big Kru is getting. Jordan and Kurt are so great!!!

Grandpa and Boston throwing the ball...

This is another funny face he is making these days. This one is my favorite...it's so funny. On our way home we stopped in Rexburg and visited our family again. We spent more time with cute Juliette {Jill and Steven too...I guess :)}.

Look at Boston in this picture...ha ha he wanted me to put lip gloss on him. He sees me doing it and wants some every time I put some on. 

See?? Loves it.


This is what I would look like with two kids...not too sure if I'm quite ready!!

Boston getting restless....

We ended up leaving Rexburg at 8pm because we just wanted to get home. So Boston slept for five hours then woke up the last 2 1/2. But! He was really good. He just watched us drive. We got home at 2 am {we were used to an hour earlier tho} and crashed in our bed. We also visited Audra & Tyson and my best friend Lacie & Jeff but forgot to take pictures...whoops!!  

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh this post makes me sad and miss you guys even more:) Thanks soooooo much for coming to see us!! We love you guys! I loved watching the boys "play" together, I loved all the pics you posted, and I mostly love your wedding dress picture, you look GORGEOUS!!! I want to go try on mine now, pretty sure I wont be able to zip it:)

    ReplyDelete