Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor day

We had a very quiet labor day, and loved it. We did go out and enjoy some festivities--Pig out in the park (weird name I know, but that's exactly what you do--pig out in the park).
Watching the bands--Jeff, Me, Boston, Kellie, Joe

Mom & Pete

Call Jeff a photographer because this picture is cool. We sat right under the clock tower.
Then! On Monday, I did projects around the house while Jeff washed and cleaned the cars. I have been looking at garage sales for a desk that I could re-do and make it a craft desk. Well! My mom and step-dad had one in their garage! So I took it and re-painted it, put knobs on it and such. I adore it now.
Before
After!!!
Cute polka dot handles which I love!!

Things are in place and ready for me to craft. I love it and I love that it cost us almost nothing.
Washing the car--thanks J!
And I don't think I've included a picture of what our house looks like--here ya go! Yes it's pink and yes I give my mom a hard time. :) My mom bought a Cricut (craft cuting thing) years ago and I decided to put some good use to it! It never been opened so I changed that. I made some vinyl.
(thanks Aubrie for the cute saying--I had to steal it!)
Boston's room
(And thanks Audra for the cute saying! I took this one as well!)
Our room
Our bathroom
And here was our boring clock just sitting all alone--until I found this fancing iron works at Hobby Lobby for $7!! Finished it right off! Anyway--lots of craft stuff this labor day, but soo much fun.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! I want to know where you bought your paint I will call ya sometime soon ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the new desk!! And i have a cricut and never knew it could do the vinyl lettering!!!!! I wish you lived closer to do projects together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys you are all so sweet! Ellie--please do! I'd love to tell ya! And Aubrie--tell me about it! Yes....vinyl lettering and all....go anywhere to buy it. I bought mine at walmart but I know you can buy it at craft stores. It's near the cricut stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria, you're so creative! The desk is PERFECT. I love your cute house with the wheel in your flower bed. Keep posting your projects. I'm always on the lookout for good ideas. We're buying a house soon! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love the desk! How did you do it? Did you spray paint it or paint it? And I totally recognize those knobs from hobby lobby... so cute:)

    ReplyDelete